Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic moments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Archangel670

Magic moments Empty
PostSubject: Magic moments   Magic moments I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:06 am

Did you have one of those anime that kind of took you to another world? Ive been watching anime and cartoons since I was a kid, and I have seen many of the anime that you can find on naruto everything from Akira on down. But out of all of these anime there is one that holds a very special place in my heart. Dont misunderstand me there are many anime that I love above others, but none did to me what ESCAFLOWNE did. from the first ep when we are introduced to Hitomi and transported to the land of Gayai, through the magical seeming moment when Van first lays eyes on the Escaflowne to the climactic clash at the end of the series, it is the only anime that to me stands out above all else not just for great charcterization , narration, and storyline combined with a awesome soundscore (which many animes have) but at the same time making me feel like Ive been transported there too. By todays standard the animation is lacking however back then it was outstanding. Im not saying that other animes havent had these qualities I have watched many that I dearly loved, but Escaflowne is the only one that made me feel like I was in the story instaed of just watching it from a box on the tv stand or computer. I first watched the series when I was in my late teens. However now in my late 20s I had this urge to watch it again. The magic wasnt gone!!!!!!! Into the world of Gayai once more, onto the back of the flying dragon armor Escaflowne I flew yet again with Van and Hitomi, it is strange the attachments we sometimes make to a particular storyline. I have fantasised about about castles and dragons and knights in armor since I was a kid, the fair maiden in distress the stories of chivalry and gallantry that are all but gone from modern times. Why does this have any relevance you ask? Because these without a doubt are the building blocks for my love of Escaflowne. I have a love for the Arthurian Legends of Lancelot and Lady Guinevere and the magician Merlin and last but not least Arthur and Excalibur when I watch Escaflowne I think of that too . All of these charcter types in Escaflowne you shall find, although the Merlin in Escaflowne is evil. Van is Arthur and Allen is Lancelot whilst Hitomi fills the role of our Lady Guniverre. But those knights in armor was what influenced my love of Transformers and the gallant Optimus Prime to the Robotech saga and that evolved into my love for Gundams with Gundam Wing being my favorite Gundam series and the final evolution into Escaflowne which combined my love for giant suits of mechanical armour with a show of gallantry and decencey and chivallry, with swordfights and DRAGONS. So for me Escaflowne ranks number 1 on my list of favorite animes whilest being the only one to truly make me feel like I was part of the story. The amv movie wasnt as good as the series I thought however it was still decent it was like a abridged version of the series with slight alterations for those of you who havent seen or heard of this series I highly reccomend it you will not be disappointed. And I reccomend not watching the movie till after you have seen the series.

Last edited by Archangel670 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos grammatical errors)
Back to top Go down
Archangel670

Magic moments Empty
PostSubject: re magic moments   Magic moments I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:54 pm

wow am i like the only one here that saw this??? or am i just the only one here that liked it Question Exclamation Question
Back to top Go down

Magic moments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The general stuff :: Introduce thyselves!-
Jump to: